Can’t believe it’s the last day of January and that means February is tomorrow! Time is flying and I have to say that I don’t mind it at this time of year… I’m so ready for spring/summer.
If you haven’t already noticed, I love a pop of color in an outfit. And is there anything better than a rainbow pop of color? I think not. I’m usually drawn to all the neutrals… black & gray are my jam. But sometimes ya need to spice it up a bit. That’s where these sneakers come in…
If you haven’t ever tried the Nike Free RN Flyknits, RUN – don’t walk – & pick some up! The most comfy sneaker I’ve ever worn/exercised in. I would always have foot/shin pain after running with other tennis shoes, but not with these. I love how they’re also just cute enough to wear with a regular outfit.
Haaaay. Just hanging outside without a coat on… 😉 Which honestly isn’t any different from normal life, I don’t really like wearing coats. Once you’re loading and unloading toddlers out of your car every 4.5 seconds, you kind of lose the need for one…
Realizing I think I have a thing for sneakers? I mean, I know I do. But lately I have been drawn to the bright, colorful sneakers when usually I have always been a neutral-lover. These APLs are in the top contenders for best sneaker I have ever owned. Definitely thinking I want to invest in a few other colors in the future… They are so comfy & I love how the laces are hidden.
This weekend was half low-key, half busy, which is the best kind of weekend in my opinion. On Saturday my husband and I both had a little work to do, which luckily was at different times so we swapped places in being at home with the kids.
January is almost over and that means Valentine’s Day is almost here! My husband and I have never been big Valentine’s Day people – we usually do something small like make a nice dinner at home. It can be a fun time to gift someone with a simple gift to show your appreciation, whether it’s your mom, significant other or galentine. Skip the expensive flowers and go with something that’ll last all year!
For the ladies
Happy Friday! I’m looking forward for a (mostly) relaxing weekend at home. My husband tore apart our fireplace and plans on re-doing it this weekend, curious to see how that goes. 😉 We also have a kids’ birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Here are some of my favorites this week…
It’s Fridayyyy! Yaaas. I’m pretty excited because we FINALLY got our water softener/RO system installed today. The softener will take about a week to kick in but the RO water should be ready to go by tomorrow AM!
The weather has been pretty icky here the past couple days, so I’ve been cooped up inside and drooling over cute stuff online. Here are some of my current favorites!
There are so many trends out there right now that I’ve been wanting to try, but not wanting to spend massive amounts of $. Today I was noticing how on trend the Who What Wear line at Target is… Golden Goose, Chloe and Equipment dupes for under $40 each? Yes. please!
Have you heard of the shopping app “Poshmark”? I had for a while, but I had never downloaded it to see what it was all about.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to try it out to sell a few things. In less than a month, I’ve made over $100 selling random clothes I wanted to get rid of anyway. The app makes it easy to post photos, write a description, and fill in the information about the item – type of clothing, brand, size, etc.
You list the price you’d like to sell it for, and people can also “offer” you an amount, where you can decide to accept or counteroffer. Poshmark does take a cut, but I’ve been finding that it’s worth it — the percentage is way less that you’d be losing at a local resale shop.
The buyer pays shipping, and Poshmark makes it really easy by emailing you a shipping label instantly. You can either place it on a regular envelope/box, or you can get free priority envelope/boxes from the Post Office. If it fits in the mailbox, you can drive through at the post office, which is SO convenient if you have kiddos!
If you’d like to download and join, use my referral code JOAHR to get $10 off your first purchase!
I don’t know about your mom, but buying gifts for my mom is HARD. She doesn’t like trinkets, she likes the finer things in life and she usually just buys what she wants. I usually cycle through similar gifts, but this year I’m trying to come up with something new and original. I’d tell you but she may read this!
Here are some other great things I’ve found while browsing…
For the expecting mom //
1. Postpartum Recovery Essentials Bundle – this is one of my favorite brands. If you’re nursing, their nipple butter is amazing!
2. CozyChic Robe – these robes look so soft, they would be perfect for lounging at home after having the baby. I have one on my wish list!
3. Salon gift card – it’s so relaxing to get a prenatal massage or mani/pedi before the big day. I got shellac and it was nice to feel a little more “put together” those first few weeks even if I was really just in pajamas most days.
For the newer mom //
4. Super Mom Fuel mug – this is so cute! Most new moms are drinking A LOT of coffee, so this is perfect!
5. Personalized necklace – these bar necklaces are my absolute favorite type of jewelry right now. They are so simple and match everything.
6. Meal delivery service – once you get into a schedule, for moms who like to cook – this allows them to have the ingredients delivered and not have to plan the meal but still enjoy the cooking aspect. For moms who don’t like to cook, a gift card for carryout is perfect!
For your mom or mil //
7. Customized Frame – I love how this one includes all the kids. For us only children, you could also include grandkids!
8. Tools of the Trade Brush Set – who doesn’t like new makeup brushes?!
9. I Call Fowl scarf – scarves are a fun accessory to gift. Buy something unique for the fun mom or something a little more toned down for a serious mom.
For your grandma //
10. Slate Cheese Board – this is cool and would be great for entertaining. I love how you can write with chalk on it!
11. Jewelry – this necklace is really pretty and would match with everything.
12. A new coffee or tea to try – we buy this blend at Caribou Coffee. This tea set looks cool!
SALE! It’s one of my favorite words. The Shopbop friends & family sale is awesome because there are so many great items for 25% off – including those brands that usually NEVER seem to go on sale. Use code INTHEFAM until April 7.
Here are some of my picks…
1. Le Specs sunglasses – just ordered these, I hope they fit!
2. Sam Edelman sandals – such a great staple for the spring/summer. I have a couple pairs of these!
3. Madewell sandals – these look so cute and comfortable. I want!
4. Cambridge mini satchel – perfect color for spring!
5. Sonix phone cover – this case is so pretty!
6. Free People tee – I have this and love the way it fits. Comfy yet stylish.
7. Splendid tank dress – love, love, love anything Splendid. Always so soft.
8. Sam & Lavi dress – The sleeves on these are so different and cute!